Sooner or later, it seems, FX are going to get a TV version of Brian Michael Bendis and Michael Avon Oeming‘s cops-n-capes comic series Powers up and running. They just need to scrap what they’ve made and go back and do it all over again.
Last year, the network had a pilot shot with Jason Patric and Lucy Punch in the lead roles. This wasn’t to their satisfaction, so they asked Chick Eglee to write them a new pilot and then…
Well, so far, nothing. But Variety are now reporting that the network still want to follow through, recasting every role and shooting a new pilot from scratch. Someday. Soon?
Perhaps they’ll get Kyle Chandler in for Christian Walker next time. Makes sense to me. And for Deena Pilgrim… somebody who isn’t Lucy Punch. Doesn’t seem like the right fit, at least from here. And from wherever FX’s own decision makers have been standing, obviously.
Powers basic premise, mixing up a police procedural with the tropes of superhero stories, is a smash hit waiting to happen. Perhaps that’s why FX are being cautious. They won’t get two back-to-back chances at this. Audiences today expect… oh, at least three years between “reboots”, right?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014