We’re happy to share these thoughts from Alan Moore on the new Fashion Beast series, launching in September:
Since Malcolm McLaren first suggested that I write a screenplay based on his notion of marrying the strange and isolated life of Christian Dior with the fable Beauty and the Beast, I’ve often wondered what such an unlikely concept would have looked like had it been properly realised. Now, albeit in a different medium, I finally get to find out thanks to Antony Johnston’s excellent adaptive skills and the appropriately stylish artwork of Facundo Percio. It’s an odd tale, in its subject matter and in the mode of its telling, and I like to think that Malcolm would be very pleased to see another of his startling and incendiary ideas brought so intriguingly into existence.
Also, an exclusive look at the first eight pages of Fashion Beast #1!
For additional coverage on the Fashion Beast project, please visit prior articles in which we highlighted the historical relevance of the work, and Antony Johnston provided insight into the creative process.
- Final Fantasy XV Preview – What Four Hours With The Title Told Us - August 16, 2016
- PAX South 2016: Deckbound Unbound: The Evolution of the TCG - February 2, 2016
- Call of Duty: Blacks Op 3 Has Sold Better Than The Last Two Games In The Franchise - November 11, 2015
- The Nathan Drake Collection Was The Best Selling Digital PS4 Game In October - November 11, 2015
- This War of Mine Hits Smartphones Today - November 11, 2015