Couple hours late with the trends today but it looks like the con flu finally caught up with me (and alas, I didn’t even go to the show… but everyone else in the office did). In any case, I have to admit there was about a solid year there where I flat out didn’t believe there would be an Ant Man movie, despite the pervasive rumors. But he’s looking like the little character who could these days…
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
Back in Blighty, but the world keeps turning (which is why it took us longer to get home that it did to get to Los Angeles) and the comic book industry continues it’s grind… here are a few comic creative changes since the books were solicited…
The intersection of political controversy and the mainstream comic book scene is rarely uninteresting these days, but this one — which has been building for several days and hit a crescendo today as Rush Limbaugh weighed in — qualifies for its own chapter in the book of you can’t make this stuff up.
And, in what may become a rather repetituve act, Marvel have just released this updated Point One image that indicates Ant Man will be one of the characters getting his own strip in the anthology, which points to the future of Marvel’s publishing plans.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
No one doubted that Zack Snyder would reverse that. But I have been told details of one specific scene in particular, in which Superman breaks apart a building and uses the building itself as a weapon in some kind of ‘super martial art’ fashion. “Girders as throwing stars” was the specific example I was given.
After its initial US launch but before its release in Europe, Stanley Kubrick cut 24 minutes out of The Shining. Some say he was spurred on by bad reviews; others have said that he quickly learned from the responses of paying audiences just how he could tighten up the experience.
There are, at the moment, two negative reviews for The Dark Knight Rises in the collection at Rotten Tomatoes, the website that collates professional reviews into a percentage-based approval rating.
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016
- Mantis, Baby Groot, And 60+ Screencaps From The New Guardians Of The Galaxy 2 Trailer - December 3, 2016