In the second half of his panel, Bryan Fuller was joined by producer Martha Delaurentils and the director of Hannibal’s first episode, David Slade.
Slade expressed how he felt that there was nothing else like this show on TV, and claims it would be impossible for it to turn into a procedural.
Both Fuller and Delaurentils discussed bringing Thomas Harris’ story and characters to television, and how they felt the move was a good one that would allow for more complexity and development in the story.
Fuller apparently has ideas for quite a few seasons already. Somewhere around Season 4 would be the events of Red Dragon. The creative team already has the first thirteen episode arc planned out.
The best part of the panel was perhaps the discussion of the shows ‘cannibal’ culinary consultant, who is providing lots of ideas like ‘presmoked lungs’ – a recipe which will apparently makes an appearance in the first episode.
Fuller said “We’re getting a lot of really great ideas on how to cook people,” and mentiond that he hopes to add an interactive component by putting these ‘cannibal’ recipes online after the episodes air.
Thanks to Abi for the report.
Mads Mikkelsen recently passed on Thor 2 to take the role of Hannibal Lecter in this show. Hugh Dancy is playing FBI profiler Will Graham. More as we get close to the premiere date.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014