Just as Terry Gilliam is trying to check Johnny Depp into a hotel in Bucharest, Wes Anderson has booked him into his own Grand Budapest Hotel.
According to Deadline, Depp will star in the movie written and directed by Anderson. There’s no indication of who may have worked on the script with Anderson, who has always had credited co-writers in the past.
Depp had been previously rumoured as standing on the casting wish list for Anderson’s upcoming film, alongside Angela Lansbury, Edward Norton, Bill Murray, Jeff Goldblum, Adrien Brody, Jude Law, Owen Wilson and Willem Defoe.
I can’t help but imagine something like Plaza Suite with a stiff rod up its back. Depp’s casting, I’m fantasising, is down to his infamous misbehaviour at the Mark Hotel, and he’s going to be asked to recreate it.
Deadline’s report, incidentally, refers to a handful of Depp movies but nothing with Gilliam.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014