I understand Falcon was Marvel’s first African American superhero, and while he won’t be the first one to make the jump to the big screen, it’s very much a case of “the more, the merrier” at this point.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, Anthony Mackie is negotiating to take the role of Sam Wilson, aka Falcon, in Joe and Anthony Russo‘s upcoming Marvel Studios sequel, Captain America: The Winter Soldier.
The character is featured quite regularly in recent Cap comics but you’ll have to tell me – can he still fly and read the minds of birds in these newer strips? I can imagine the first of those translating to the film, but I’d be pretty doubtful of the second.
Mackie’s a fine actor, and he’s racked up a few high profile roles of late. You can also see him delivering the goods in lesser known parts, from The Manchurian Candidate through We Are Marshall and Man on a Ledge. He’s usually come over very well, even when the film on the whole may not have.
There. I got all the way through without mentioning F-Zero once. Well done me.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014