UPDATE: Warner Bros. have denied reports of Jackson planning a third film, referring to it as a dodgy rumour sweeping Comic-Con.
Though none of this gossip played out during the Hall H discussion of The Hobbit today, Peter Jackson has apparently been speaking with journalists at Comic-Con and saying that he may well end up making three, not two Hobbit movies.
Which was already one of his plans, once upon a time, if I remember correctly.
Here’s how Omelete have it:
Peter Jackson has revealed in an interview with Omelet at Comic-Con 2012, which will record more scenes from The Hobbit next year.
The filmmaker said he did not know yet whether it will use this in an extended version of the movie or will create a third chapter, but is discussing the possibilities with Warner Bros.
Okay, that’s how they have it after Google translate helps me tap into their Portuguese original. Seeing as Jackson was almost certainly speaking English, I think we’ve got two layers of possible misinterpretation to be wary of here.
I’m not sure why no more details on this possibility wouldn’t have turned up during the rest of the day’s events. That’s one reason I’m going to chalk this up as Interesting Rumour for now.
More if we get it.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014