At the Skybound/Image panel at San Diego Comic Con, Robert Kirkman announced that The Walking Dead #100, has sold more copies of its first print in the North American direct market than any comic since 1997. So it’s not just the best seller of the year, but the best seller in fifteen years…. The Darkness #11 sold 357,000 in December 1997.
The first printing of The Walking Dead #100 has sold an estimated 350,000 – but Robert Kirkman did make it official that it has outsold any direct market first print comic since 1997.
Quite a statistic.
But he followed it with another. That he wants to reach issue #1000 on the book. At the moment that would be around seventy years from now. Unless of course he pushes the frequency up…
- Gerard Way Returns to Marvel Comics for Spider-Geddon - May 22, 2018
- Marvel to Let People Know What on Earth ‘X-Classified’ is… in June - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Launches Midnight Release Parties for Fantastic Four #1, for 57th Anniversary - May 22, 2018
- Marvel Comics to Publish Star Wars: Beckett in August - May 22, 2018
- Phil Noto is the New Artist on Daredevil in August - May 22, 2018