The possibility of a Hellboy 3 has been on a lot of people minds recently, not least because of Ron Perlman and Spectral Motion‘s grand gesture in collaboration with the Make a Wish foundation.
I really do love the character and adore those films, particularly the second, and I’m encouraged to hear that Del Toro and Perlman are feeling refreshed and renewed and looking to get a third instalment off of the blocks. There’s still an appetite for more of what makes Hellboy special.
Del Toro spoke to EW over here in San Diego. Here’s a piece of their report:
The director stresses that he hasn’t yet approached Hellboy creator Mike Mignola on the prospect of a Hellboy III, nor is a studio signed on yet. But, he says, “We’re going to make an effort to do it. I hope it happens.” So do we!
And so does Bleeding Cool.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014