Unfolding to Robert Oppenheimer‘s “I am become death the destroyer of worlds” speech, a surprise, Comic-Con exclusive Godzilla trailer just gave us our first look at the great lizard. And appropriately enough, Godzilla absolutely brought the house down.
The trailer started with some footage of huge urban devastation, and then as we saw more and more shots of buildings smashed to pieces, we catch a glimpse of train, apparently trampled by a giant foot and then a building with a huge hole through the middle.
As though Godzilla had walked right through it.
And then, a curving shot finds
Godzilla’s some kaiju’s body, apparently dead on the ground – arms revealed as Oppenheimer talks about Vishna’s many arms. Cut to a logo and the famous Godzilla roar as we know and love it, timed just perfectly to Oppenheimer’s speech.
And then we were back to a shot of Godzilla, alive. The trailer tracked up his back and came to head level, just in time for him to turn around, show his face, his slightly snub snouted face, and roar again.
It’s an astonishing creature design, very grounded.
And Edwards took to the stage after the trailer and echoed this, saying that the film is indeed grounded, and “there’s nothing sci-fi about it.”
The trailer was then repeated to audience excitement just about off the charts.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014