As he walked on stage to take a seat, Edgar Wright held up a copy of the Ant Man comics. This one.
Wright said that he has wanted to adapt that story, To Steal an Ant Man, for quite some time and that it’s still his plan before teasing us and then, to a swooning crowd, unveiled his test footage for the film.
The sequence was largely unfinished. It started on ant man, looking down out of an air vent and into a corridor, off towards an elevator door that’s being protected by two CIA-looking suited-up goons. He grows to full size, leaps through the air and shrinks as he does so, delivering his kick at ant size, but will full-scale weight.
During the scene he lands on the barrel of one of the agents guns and runs along it, mini-sized. It’s a good demo of what this power provides for the action scenes.
The character has not been cast, and the performer in the suit was “only” a stand in, but Wright did speak a little about the costume. While what we saw won’t be final, it did indicate what they are going for – a mixture of the contemporary ant man look and the silver age design.
Wright says that “Ant Man will kick your ass… one inch at a time.” I don’t know about one inch at a time. My ass is already kicked up and down.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014