I live in London. David Lloyd lives in Brighton. Yet the only way I could get this exclusive story was to go San Diego and sit with him at the Marriott bar…
Lloyd, best known for co-creating V For Vendetta, is launching a new weekly digital comic anthology, called Aces Weekly, with an array of star talent.
They comics will include Valley Of Shadows by David Lloyd, co-written with Dave Jackson,
Return Of The Human by Mark Wheatley and Jeff Vaughan,
Paradise Mechanism by David Hitchcock
The Keeper by Yishan Lias
Smash Mannix Vs The Mob by Kyle Baker
And Progenitor by John McCrea and Phil Hester
Each issue will contain six lots of three page stories, mostly as a serial, and each volume will be made up of seven weeks worth of strips. Each volume will be sold, digitally online, for $10 in advance, and will be read in landscape format.
The website is planned to launch in August with the first issue going on sale in September.
It’s an attempt to recreate the classic British weekly adventure comic book for the digital age. It’s even got an excited epithet in the title. I think it’s Aces.
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017
- Twenty-Three Uses For An Overshipped Marvel Comic - January 19, 2017