His comment about the New 52 got the headline, but the rest of that interview with Ross by Will Romine is pretty damn interesting indeed. Candid and well worth a read.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
[The New 52] is a tough thing to see. All those comics that you grew up reading, none of them count. It’s not quite an all-service kind of menu of storytelling. Marvel did their Ultimates by saying “Hey, you can either jump on board, or you can read the regular stuff, it’s ok.” There’s no forced “This is it, and this is all it’s ever going to be.”
A week or so ago, I heard mention of a new big X-Men book with a different creative team each week, first issue written by Kieron Gillen, the second by Jason Aaron, but I wasn’t sure enough on the source, so I put it on the back burner.
I do however know that it is to be published by Marvel in October. That it is $3.99. That it appears to be a thematic take on A Vs X and, thus might indicate a joining of Avengers and X-Men after their bitter conflict. And that it is by Jeph Loeb and Dale Keown.
I’ve just seen the show as it aired here in San Diego, and David Letterman said something that, if it is a real spoiler, will cause a heck of a lot of fuss.
In the course of writing the below report on the Firefly 10th Anniversary press conference from San Diego today I stated that Joss Whedon was seriously considering a reboot of the entire Firefly franchise, to air on the Science Channel, and following their upcoming reunion documentary.
“If we see you out here, anywhere near our people… I’ll kill you.” Season 3 of The Walking Dead, starts Oct. 14.
- Emma Watts Will Lead 20th Century Fox Film in the Disney Era - October 18, 2018
- Happy! Season 2: Making Easter Great Again with Weird Al and More Morrison Magic - October 6, 2018
- Mile High Pedigree Planet Comics Run Coming To ComicConnect Event Auction Beginning November 12 - October 5, 2018
- Batman 1839, Part 1: Mad Men of Gotham - September 18, 2018
- Getting Ready for the Year of the Bat - September 16, 2018