My primary reason for attending Comic Con International year after year is the all inclusive and judgement free environment created when geeks of all stripes descend upon a single place to revel in their specific fandom. There’s an undstanding that even if you don’t respect another person’s franchise of adoration, you still respect and understand their level of fascination. It’s like the “I want to buy the world a coke” commercial if all the nationalities of the Earth were replaced by Whovians, Trekies, BrownCoats, and those weird grown men with the cat ears. A big, 5 day, geekly group hug.
As we approached the first set of zombies, I haduken’d one of my doughier brethren towards the oncoming walker. Every Shane needs his Otis.
Am I proud of my actions? No. Will I keep my trophy neclace of grown men cat ears as a reminder of my triumph? Probably. Did I have fun? Definitely.
- Three Marvel Characters Return To Secret Empire #5 – This Is A Big Bad Spoiler About Just One Of Them - June 27, 2017
- Tomorrow’s Comics Today, And It’s Batman Season For Elmer Fudd – A Comic Show - June 27, 2017
- Tom King Teases Two Pages Of Mister Miracle #1 - June 27, 2017
- Shirtless Bear-Fighter Tears Through First Printing, Goes To Second - June 27, 2017
- Washington DC’s Awesome Con 2017: A Con Continually On The Verge Of Something Big - June 27, 2017