My primary reason for attending Comic Con International year after year is the all inclusive and judgement free environment created when geeks of all stripes descend upon a single place to revel in their specific fandom. There’s an undstanding that even if you don’t respect another person’s franchise of adoration, you still respect and understand their level of fascination. It’s like the “I want to buy the world a coke” commercial if all the nationalities of the Earth were replaced by Whovians, Trekies, BrownCoats, and those weird grown men with the cat ears. A big, 5 day, geekly group hug.
As we approached the first set of zombies, I haduken’d one of my doughier brethren towards the oncoming walker. Every Shane needs his Otis.
Am I proud of my actions? No. Will I keep my trophy neclace of grown men cat ears as a reminder of my triumph? Probably. Did I have fun? Definitely.
- DC’s New Age of Heroes Continues to Churn Through the Artists Who Were Meant to be First - March 20, 2018
- So Who is Writing Harley Quinn Anyway? Christopher Sebela or Sam Humphries? Or Both? - March 20, 2018
- Mister Miracle to Mera – More Big Books from DC Comics for 2018 and 2019 - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Editor Job Swap? Jordan White on X-Men, Mark Paniccia on Star Wars - March 20, 2018
- Marvel Comics Finally Publishes Dazzler One-Shot as Dazzler: X-Song - March 19, 2018