My primary reason for attending Comic Con International year after year is the all inclusive and judgement free environment created when geeks of all stripes descend upon a single place to revel in their specific fandom. There’s an undstanding that even if you don’t respect another person’s franchise of adoration, you still respect and understand their level of fascination. It’s like the “I want to buy the world a coke” commercial if all the nationalities of the Earth were replaced by Whovians, Trekies, BrownCoats, and those weird grown men with the cat ears. A big, 5 day, geekly group hug.
As we approached the first set of zombies, I haduken’d one of my doughier brethren towards the oncoming walker. Every Shane needs his Otis.
Am I proud of my actions? No. Will I keep my trophy neclace of grown men cat ears as a reminder of my triumph? Probably. Did I have fun? Definitely.
- Captain Marvel #1 Tops Advance Reorders - December 13, 2018
- Poison Ivy Death on the Cover of Heroes In Crisis #7 - December 13, 2018
- Cullen Bunn’s Writer’s Commentary on Vampirella Vs Reanimator #1 - December 13, 2018
- NYCC Event Director Mike Armstrong Promoted to Vice President at Reed POP Expo - December 13, 2018
- New Comic Store Opens in England – Wow Comix Bury - December 13, 2018