My primary reason for attending Comic Con International year after year is the all inclusive and judgement free environment created when geeks of all stripes descend upon a single place to revel in their specific fandom. There’s an undstanding that even if you don’t respect another person’s franchise of adoration, you still respect and understand their level of fascination. It’s like the “I want to buy the world a coke” commercial if all the nationalities of the Earth were replaced by Whovians, Trekies, BrownCoats, and those weird grown men with the cat ears. A big, 5 day, geekly group hug.
As we approached the first set of zombies, I haduken’d one of my doughier brethren towards the oncoming walker. Every Shane needs his Otis.
Am I proud of my actions? No. Will I keep my trophy neclace of grown men cat ears as a reminder of my triumph? Probably. Did I have fun? Definitely.
- Faeries Will Flood From The Faultlines From Midsummer’s Night - June 25, 2017
- Dan Schaffer And David Miller Bring Malefic To Devil’s Due For September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- Will We Discover The New Doctor Who Next Week? - June 25, 2017
- Adrian Ramos Launches No Room For Magic #1 In Keenspot’s September 2017 Solicits - June 25, 2017
- It’s Not San Andreas’ Fault, It’s The Monsters! Massimo Rosi And Gabriel Ibarra Nunez Launch Graveland #1 From Scout Comics In September 2017 Solicitations - June 25, 2017