My primary reason for attending Comic Con International year after year is the all inclusive and judgement free environment created when geeks of all stripes descend upon a single place to revel in their specific fandom. There’s an undstanding that even if you don’t respect another person’s franchise of adoration, you still respect and understand their level of fascination. It’s like the “I want to buy the world a coke” commercial if all the nationalities of the Earth were replaced by Whovians, Trekies, BrownCoats, and those weird grown men with the cat ears. A big, 5 day, geekly group hug.
As we approached the first set of zombies, I haduken’d one of my doughier brethren towards the oncoming walker. Every Shane needs his Otis.
Am I proud of my actions? No. Will I keep my trophy neclace of grown men cat ears as a reminder of my triumph? Probably. Did I have fun? Definitely.
- Full Boom Studios Catalog For December 2018 Solicitations Sees Grant Morrison and Dan Mora Return to Klaus - September 18, 2018
- Comic Creator Tim Yates Pleads Guilty to Distribution of Child Pornography - September 18, 2018
- Full Dynamite Entertainment December 2018 Solicitations Sees Vampirella Vs Reanimator and Hack/Slash Vs Chaos - September 18, 2018
- Full Image Comics December 2018 Solicitations – Spawn Kills Everyone Too, Die, Hardcore, The Freeze, Self-Made - September 18, 2018
- Nightwing May Be Losing His Dick But Batman Is Getting One - September 18, 2018