Live from the Diamond Retailer Lunch at the San Diego Comic Con, to which I was kindly allowed to attend, the first chart presented to the crowd spoke volumes, quite literally. Sales for 2012 so far are up 20.9% on the same time at San Diego Comic Con last year.
Diamond have also announced a series of Retailer Expansion Programs for DC, Dark Horse, IDW, Marvel, Boom, Dynamite and Diamond Select Toys, giving increased returnability or discount levels to encourage retailers to increase the stock they hold, especially when opening a new branch.
Diamond are offering retailers subsidies to encourage install Comic Suite Point-Of-Sale systems to help monitor stocks and make more accurate ordering decisions, tied in with Diamond’s ordering systems.
Diamond Digital, launching July 23rd, will not only allow retailers to sell digital codes in store, but will allow customers to purchase digitally through the store’s websit, or if the store has no website, they can have an indiviudal website created and hosted for them.
Diamond also confirm that no products will ship during Christmas week this year, but that a selection of the best selling comics from Marvel, DC, Image and more will be provided the previous week, to be held for seven days by the stores.
They are emphasising the Hallowe’en ComicFest promotion in October, and how it is geared to different retailer’s practices rather than one-size-fits-all of Free Comic Book Day.
- DC Walmart Giant Sized-Comics Make it to the UK – for Only Twice the Cover Price - August 19, 2018
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List, 19th August 2018 – ‘We’ve Been Seeing More and More Batman Attrition’ - August 19, 2018
- Lying In The Gutters, 19th August 2018 – Looking at the Moon - August 19, 2018
- Exclusive Funko POP of Lord Drakkon in Comic Stores in January - August 18, 2018
- Venom Finally Looks Like His Chest Symbol - August 18, 2018