Bleeding Cool have arrived in San Diego for Comic Con and got to snooping. Here’s my first look at some of the posters, props and stands that are being exhibited this year.
Let’s start with the previously rather secretive Elysium. Neill Blomkamp‘s follow up to District 9 is to get a preview during Sony’s panel, but there’s already a lot of material relating to the film on display.
This banner has no release date, other than 2013.
The booth is yet to be completed, but here it is in it’s current shape.
So there’s a border checkpoint with what appears to be a Johnny Cab style robot who functions as a border control guard. It seems like he’s going to be interactive. And above it, a model spacecraft of some description.
And this, we’re told, is a prop from the film. There’s a Bugatti badge on the nose – this isn’t just a spaceshippy thing, it’s a sporty, exclusive spaceshippy thing for Richie Riches. Nothing like the more ramshackle craft hanging up in the booth, but still comparable in many respects.
You can see up close that it’s been rather damaged.
As we heard before, the film will deal with a gulf between rich and poor . Here you can see some of those ideas incarnate.
More on Elysium soon, but stay tuned throughout Con for a lot of coverage from the show floor. We’ve got some great stuff coming…
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014