He was a DC exclusive creator, with a much loved run on Supergirl, who found himself dropped from Birds Of Prey with Gail Simone before their run even began and found himself working out the rest of his contract on a series of random books and then, seemingly, no regular place in the New 52 to call his own…
That ended in January this year, and aside from the KISS series from IDW, his plans were unknown…
But in August, following the likes of Gail Simone, Amy Reeder and Marc Silvestri, Jamal Igle will launch a Kickstarter campaign, to fund the publication of a new comic, Molly Danger. Four hardcover books of an all ages action adventure he describes as “Astroboy meets the Powerpuff Girls”. The world’s most powerful 10-year-old girl, though she has protected her home town of Coopersville for twenty years…
Kept in constant isolation and watched closely by D.A.R.T. (The Danger Action Response Team) an organization created to assist in her heroic deeds and monitor her movements, Molly battles the Supermechs; A team of cybernetically enhanced beings with unusual powers. Molly longs for a real life, with a real family, something she’s been told she can never have. Her life changes when D.A.R.T. recruits a new pilot, Austin Briggs. Briggs has his own motivations for joining the team, newly remarried; Austin is having trouble forming a relationship with his new stepson, Brian. Austin wants to use his connections to impress Brian, an avid Molly Danger fan. However things get turned on its ear when Molly and Brian form a friendship of their own.
As the father of a young girl, I’ve found myself disheartened that there isn’t a female superhero character for my daughter to read that hasn’t been turned into a killer, or overtly sexualized. A character that isn’t joined at the hip to a male hero or subservient to one.” Igle said. Igle will write and pencil the series with inker Juan Castro (G.I.Joe: Snake Eyes for IDW, Incorruptible for Boom Studios, Elders of the Rune Stone) and Colorist Michael Watkins (Sonic the Hedgehog, Transformers).
The Kickstarter campaign will begin on August the first.
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018
- All of DC Comics Reboots Are Still Happening, Even Elongated Man’s Identity Crisis Face (Super Sons #12 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Is Avengers: No Surrender a Flipped Version of Marvel Super-Heroes Secret Wars? (Avengers #676 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Wolverine Continues to Walk Through the Marvel Universe Missing Everyone (Thor #703 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018