Here’s a really, really big battle robot thing – a Jaeger, indeed – from Guillermo Del Toro’s Pacific Rim.
This is the new “Comic-Con art” for the film, ahead of the film featuring on Warner Bros. panel there next week. I’m saving up my excitement for then, so there’s a small possibility I might start running up and down the aisles if they show any footage.
They’re going to show footage, right?
Now – who are the wee figures on the shoulder? It certainly looks like Charlie Hunnam and Idris Elba to me. Wither Rinko Kikuchi? We’ve had better looks at all of their characters already if you still need to see what the lead humans look like up close.
That Jaeger certainly looks like the designers were trying to sell it as a real, possible piece of tech. I don’t know if it will be the “legendary but seemingly obsolete” model mentioned in this official blurb:
When legions of monstrous creatures, known as Kaiju, started rising from the sea, a war began that would take millions of lives and consume humanity’s resources for years on end. To combat the giant Kaiju, a special type of weapon was devised: massive robots, called Jaegers, which are controlled simultaneously by two pilots whose minds are locked in a neural bridge. But even the Jaegers are proving nearly defenseless in the face of the relentless Kaiju. On the verge of defeat, the forces defending mankind have no choice but to turn to two unlikely heroes-a washed up former pilot (Charlie Hunnam) and an untested trainee (Rinko Kikuchi)-who are teamed to drive a legendary but seemingly obsolete Jaeger from the past. Together, they stand as mankind’s last hope against the mounting apocalypse.
Thanks to Warner Bros. and Legendary Films for the image and blurb.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014