In a trend that’s sure to continue over the next week — and in the months to come — a few new tidbits about Marvel NOW! loomed large in the day’s news cycle. With lots of buildup to happen between now and October, and weekly launches thereafter for five months, Marvel NOW! news should be a regular trending topic here for quite awhile, just as New 52 was a year ago.
Most-Read Comic Stories Today:
As well as Jonathan Hickman writing the Avengers Marvel NOW! Relaunch, he will also be writing New Avengers, with Steve Epting on art, with #1 on sale from January 2013.
Tony Isabella has always maintained that the creation of Black Lightning for DC Comics was intended as a publishing partnership, with Isabella receiving a greater creator royalty for the use of the character, with an increased amount for extra-media use. But for that reason, it seems that DC Comics went out of their way not to use the character in other media, to the extent that the character was renamed and redesigned as Black Vulcan for the Superfriends cartoon even if the character and his powers remained unchanged.
Courtesy of Entertainment Weekly (who are still claiming an exclusive on revealing the existence of Marvel NOW, the bastards) is the cover to Uncanny Avengers #1 by John Cassaday, showing the team, at least initially, of Wolverine, Captain America, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Rogue and Havok.
Most-Read TV/Film Stories Today:
It’s obvious from watching The Amazing Spider-Man that the film doesn’t quite work as a standalone piece at every turn. Indeed, I feel the last act, particularly the closing scenes, offer a lot of dangling threads that could perhaps have been tidied up nicely.
It seems that early designs for The Lizard in The Amazing Spider-Man were based upon Chris Cooper. It seems fairly likely, then, that he was attached to the role at some point, or at least on the Want! list.
Very little is known about the film’s plot so far, though we did have a little blurb recently, and there’s almost certainly going to be some footage unveiled at Comic Con next week. I don’t know about you but I’m rooting for a more “classical”, less “seasicky” style than District 9.
- Starting Today: CGC Insider – Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Comic Book Grading, And More - January 19, 2017
- The Rock Talks #BlackAdam And The Entire DCU: “Hope, Optimism & FUN… Prepare Yourselves DC Universe” - January 11, 2017
- Alien: Covenant Short Teaser Starts Unwrapping Your Christmas Present A Day Early - December 24, 2016
- Milwaukee Bucks Owner Marc Lasry Sells Wonder Woman #1 CGC 9.0 ‘Solicitation Copy’ For Record $291,100 - December 14, 2016
- Transformers: The Last Knight Poster – What… Has Happened To Bumblebee? - December 13, 2016