To hear him tell it, the Nick Frost‘s star vehicle, Cuban Fury, was given the green light because the idea of him salsa dancing is funny. I’m sure it took a little more than that.
Co-stars Chris O’Dowd and Rashida Jones have their own appeal too (quite the opposite appeal to a salsa-ing Frost, to be honest) and it’s encouraging that the screenplay is by Jon Brown, who has written for both my fave, Miranda and Rich’s fave, Misfits.
As with previous Nick Frost pictures Paul and Hot Fuzz, it seems that the production is going to be vlogged up for us as they go. We’re two weeks in and the first video has been released. There’s not much new info on the film at all, and certainly none of that ticket-shifting salsa, though you will see one shot as framed up on the monitors.
The appeal here is more in taking a tour with Nick Frost. A tour of where he makes his toilet, and where he indulges with groupies. Allegedly.
Cuban Fury is set for a UK release on March 22nd next year. Fat man dance. Funny.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014