There’s still a lot of big studio, high profile hits waiting for their Blu-ray releases, but the one I’ve been most keenly anticipating is Who Framed Roger Rabbit. I’m not exaggerating to say that the notion of a Roger Blu-ray must have flitted across my mind at least weekly.
I know. It’s a problem.
Thankfully, I won’t have to wait too much longer, as Disney have now cut a promo for the thing, and while it doesn’t seem to have been released officially online, it has found its way to YouTube.
Can you believe they only made three of those Roger Rabbit shorts? What a wasted opportunity. C’mon, Lasseter, talk yourself into greenlighting a sequel by commissioning a series of new toons. You know you want to.
This Blu-ray will be a must. Some great supplements and extra features will be pure gravy – though this promo seems to be downplaying the idea of bonus material, beyond the shorts.
According to the video uploader, the disc will be available next year. But when next year? Soon as possible, please.
I’ll let you know when pre-orders open up.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014