Earlier this week, I wrote how sales of The Walking Dead were making Diamond Book Distributors rather buoyant, helping the company out of the doldrums it was in only a couple of years ago.
Well, I’ve also been told of another reason that Diamond may be all smiles right now. Their gaming distribution company, Alliance, has had the exclusive deal for the WizKids line of games and figures, including the all popular HeroClix.
And as it stands that market has increased for Diamond to twenty million dollars a year. Just from one brand.
You know, previous owners Topps who closed WizKids down due to economic problems then sold it off for chump change must be a little pig sick at how well it’s doing now… and Diamond have been very grateful for their contract.
Just another reason as to how the comic industry has been turning round its finances of late…
- Justice League Of America Tops Advance Reorders, Followed By Image’s 25th Birthday - January 19, 2017
- Second Prints For Unstoppable Wasp, IVX And The Few - January 19, 2017
- Dan Panosian Talks To Bleeding Cool About Working With Joe Quesada On The X-Men Comic That Appears In The Logan Movie - January 19, 2017
- There’s A DC Comic In The January Loot Crate…. - January 19, 2017
- How The Green Lanterns Comic Tackles Anxiety In A Remarkably Superheroic Fashion - January 19, 2017