Earlier this week, I wrote how sales of The Walking Dead were making Diamond Book Distributors rather buoyant, helping the company out of the doldrums it was in only a couple of years ago.
Well, I’ve also been told of another reason that Diamond may be all smiles right now. Their gaming distribution company, Alliance, has had the exclusive deal for the WizKids line of games and figures, including the all popular HeroClix.
And as it stands that market has increased for Diamond to twenty million dollars a year. Just from one brand.
You know, previous owners Topps who closed WizKids down due to economic problems then sold it off for chump change must be a little pig sick at how well it’s doing now… and Diamond have been very grateful for their contract.
Just another reason as to how the comic industry has been turning round its finances of late…
- Make-A-Wish Recipient Meets Steven Universe Cast At San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Gendercrunching May 2017 – Now With Added Dynamite, Boom, Titan And Valiant - July 24, 2017
- The 20 Biggest Exclusive Comic Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- The Ten Biggest Toy And Statue Sales Of San Diego Comic-Con 2017 - July 24, 2017
- Keeping The Alien And Predator Shared Universe Going At San Diego Comic-Con - July 24, 2017