Earlier this week, I wrote how sales of The Walking Dead were making Diamond Book Distributors rather buoyant, helping the company out of the doldrums it was in only a couple of years ago.
Well, I’ve also been told of another reason that Diamond may be all smiles right now. Their gaming distribution company, Alliance, has had the exclusive deal for the WizKids line of games and figures, including the all popular HeroClix.
And as it stands that market has increased for Diamond to twenty million dollars a year. Just from one brand.
You know, previous owners Topps who closed WizKids down due to economic problems then sold it off for chump change must be a little pig sick at how well it’s doing now… and Diamond have been very grateful for their contract.
Just another reason as to how the comic industry has been turning round its finances of late…
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017
- Adult Swim Confirms That Neon Joe, Werewolf Hunter Is Returning In May - April 26, 2017
- A Comic Store In Your Future – Guardians 2 Will Be A Smash. The Comics, Not So Much. - April 26, 2017