Earlier this week, I wrote how sales of The Walking Dead were making Diamond Book Distributors rather buoyant, helping the company out of the doldrums it was in only a couple of years ago.
Well, I’ve also been told of another reason that Diamond may be all smiles right now. Their gaming distribution company, Alliance, has had the exclusive deal for the WizKids line of games and figures, including the all popular HeroClix.
And as it stands that market has increased for Diamond to twenty million dollars a year. Just from one brand.
You know, previous owners Topps who closed WizKids down due to economic problems then sold it off for chump change must be a little pig sick at how well it’s doing now… and Diamond have been very grateful for their contract.
Just another reason as to how the comic industry has been turning round its finances of late…
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018