Animated pre-program trailers are the bane of television. Network television. Just when you are getting to the emotional high point of a TV show, a little cartoon fellow walks across to tell you what’s coming next.
I’ve never seen a show that this has actually made better.
Well, maybe House.
And now they’re doing it with actual advertising messages as well. Now, because the ads are rarely designed with the specific show they are appearing on, occasionally there are unfortunate confluences. There are teams of people that ensure the animations work over the program they appear on, to the extent that the character doesn’t look like they are having sex with the character onscreen through unfortunate placement.
But it’s much harder to do on live television.
I give you, when Spider-Man Flew Out Of My Butt, with a suitably juvenile giggle.
Thanks to B.A.D for the embed.
- Kirby Comics Opens in Hanover, Pennsylvania, Makes the Front Page - January 20, 2018
- Al Ewing Has a “Most Awesome, Mind-Bending Miniseries Ever” Coming from Marvel Comics - January 20, 2018
- First Peek at Wild’s End Original Graphic Novel by Dan Abnett and INJ Culbard - January 20, 2018
- 28-Page Preview of Super Suckers #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 20, 2018
- A Chat with Travis McIntire, Publisher of Source Point Press - January 20, 2018