Animated pre-program trailers are the bane of television. Network television. Just when you are getting to the emotional high point of a TV show, a little cartoon fellow walks across to tell you what’s coming next.
I’ve never seen a show that this has actually made better.
Well, maybe House.
And now they’re doing it with actual advertising messages as well. Now, because the ads are rarely designed with the specific show they are appearing on, occasionally there are unfortunate confluences. There are teams of people that ensure the animations work over the program they appear on, to the extent that the character doesn’t look like they are having sex with the character onscreen through unfortunate placement.
But it’s much harder to do on live television.
I give you, when Spider-Man Flew Out Of My Butt, with a suitably juvenile giggle.
Thanks to B.A.D for the embed.
- Action Lab Puts Five Million Comics In The Classroom, Announces Kid Sherlock, Albert Einstein: Time Mason, Stray, Midnight Tiger And The Ghost, The Owl - April 27, 2017
- Heading Towards 100,000 For X-O Manowar #1’s Third Printing - April 27, 2017
- Leo Baxendale, Creator Of The Bash Street Kids, Dies At 86 - April 27, 2017
- Bumping The Numbers On The 25-Cent Saga #43 By Bryan K Vaughan And Fiona Staples - April 27, 2017
- Exclusive: A Few DC Covers For May, From Gary Frank To Frank Cho To Jim Lee To Emanuela Lupacchino To Jenny Frison - April 27, 2017