The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes the work of comic book publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.
But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…
There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry, and the vulnerability to many publishers if they collapsed.
Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….
- Nine Worlds Geekfest Of London Launches Over 200 Events In Three Days Of August - July 25, 2017
- Diamond Says X-O Manowar #1 Was 10th Bestselling Comic In March, Not 12th As Previously Reported - July 24, 2017
- Marvel Comics To Publish Sampler Volume For Star Wars Reads Day In October - July 24, 2017
- Zack Kaplan And Andrea Mutti’s New Comic ‘Port Of Earth’ Coming From Image Comics In November - July 24, 2017
- DC Comics To Run TV Ads For ‘Dark Knight III: The Master Race’ Collection For The Holidays - July 24, 2017