The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes the work of comic book publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.
But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…
There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry, and the vulnerability to many publishers if they collapsed.
Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….
- IDW Issues A Recall Of Kid Lobotomy #1 Gold Foil Covers, Asks Retailers To Rip Them Off - October 18, 2017
- Eric Zawadzki And Ryan Lindsay’s Graphic Novel, Eternal, From Black Mask January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- Titan Comics Launches Assassin’s Creed: Origins With Free DLC, By Anne Toole And PJ Kaiowa In January 2018 Solicits - October 18, 2017
- DC Comics Has Revealed A Universe Where Everyone Is Genderflipped – Including Selina Kyle (METAL Spoilers) - October 18, 2017
- Did Stark Just Unmask Peter Parker To The World Again? Seriously? - October 18, 2017