The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes the work of comic book publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.
But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…
There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry, and the vulnerability to many publishers if they collapsed.
Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….
- Could We Get an Exclusive Star Wars Comic Featuring Rey in This Month’s Loot Crate? - December 16, 2017
- I Like Bi Books and I Cannot Lie: Elizabeth Beier’s Trials and Errors - December 16, 2017
- Shonen Magazine to Run “Marvel Manga Awards” to Recruit Japanese Marvel Talent - December 16, 2017
- A New Age of Comics Begins in Albuquerque, New Mexico - December 16, 2017
- Telling a Story About a Quadriplegic Hero and His Newly Sentient Mechanical Wheelchair - December 16, 2017