The side of Diamond that deals with the bookstore market rather than the comic store market, distributes the work of comic book publishers such as Image, Dark Horse, IDW, Dynamite, Oni, Archie, Top Shelf and more, as well as plenty of prose novels, and assorted products.
But I understand that, in the wake of two successful TV seasons of The Walking Dead, the collections of the comic book series now make up almost half of the entirety of product distributed by the company. All the trades collecting the series, the omnibuses, the card games, the board games…
There were some who worried about the future of Diamond Comic Distributors over the last few years, especially Diamond Book Distributors, considering the amount of stock they carry, and the vulnerability to many publishers if they collapsed.
Well, I’m told in no uncertain terms that The Walking Dead is responsible for that no longer being a worry to anyone….
- A Look Behind The Walls Of The LEGO Booth At New York Toy Fair 2017 - February 21, 2017
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017