I mentioned this is a previous post. But it probably deserves a headline of its own.
Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips, known now for their work on Criminal and Fatale, have worked on a number of previous projects. More of you will know Gotham. Less of you may be familiar with Sleeper.
Point Blank was a Grifter mini-series by Ed Brubaker and Colin Wilson for Wildstorm, with Grifter trying to deal with ex-WildCAT Tao’s criminal organisation, failing badly, but leaving one character, Holden Carver, as a sleeper agent within Tao’s group.
This led to Sleeper, a superhero noir comic, which ran for two series by Brubaker and Phillips, at a time when Wildstorm was publishing some of the nest and most cutting edge superhero comic books around. That’s before DC Comics diluted their content and the books and eventually the line died though a thousand cuts. Sleeper was a book that struggled to find an audience, relaunched once, and was then cancelled.
Nowadays, however, Brubaker and Phillips have more of an audience, and one willing to pony up the cash for big expensive collections of their work, such as Marvel’s Criminal. And DC appears to have decided, it seems, that they’d like a little of that, with an oversized hardcover collecting the Point Blank and Sleeper series in one large volume.
Especially with a Sleeper movie option still on the cards.
- Marvel Comics Vs. Monster Energy Trial Delayed a Month, Will Stretch into 2019 - December 17, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List -17th December 2017 – Mister Miracle Beats Out Batman - December 17, 2017
- Steven T. Seagle Wants 19 International Artists to Get Naked - December 17, 2017
- Lying in the Gutters, December 17th, 2017 – So This Star Wars Film Came Out… - December 17, 2017
- Top 100 Most-Ordered Comics and Graphic Novels of November 2017 - December 17, 2017