At Bleeding Cool, we’ve been following the different types of digital comics that have been emerging.
Those that use limited animation. Those that use different layers, with limited special effects. Those that let you tip the tablet to see different layers. Those that show panels and test in separate actions to improve the impact of their arrival.
But Madefire seems to have taken all these together and put them into one, adding a few new tricks themselves. Check this trailer out. It still seems to preserve the comic book experience while stratching it as much as possible.
And they are launching with a stack of free comic books created in this format for some truly sensational names, albeit a little bit British… try downloading it now.
We have Treatment by Dave Gibbons and Jimmy Broxton, Treatment Tokyo by Kinman Chan and Robbie Morrison, Treatment Mexico by Doug Braiuthwaite, Robbie Morrison and Angus McKie, Captain Stone Is Missing.,. by Liam Sharp and Christina McCormack, Mono by Ben Wolstenholme, Gary Gianni, Fin Cramb and Liam Sharp, The Irons: Hybrids by W Haden Blackman and Gary Erskine, Houses Of The Holy by Mike Carey and Dave Kendall, Engines by Jimmy Broxton and Guy Adams, as well as work by Bill Sienkiewicz, Sean Watson and Bagwell work to come.
Here’s some more trailers…
- Tom Holland, The New Spider-Man, Films Video For Free Comic Book Day To Promote Marvel’s Secret Empire - April 27, 2017
- Sean Gordon Murphy, Signing And Talking In London On Saturday - April 27, 2017
- Tying Up One Of Those Civil War II Hanging Threads In Today’s Ultimates 2… - April 26, 2017
- DC Comics Ch-Ch-Changes – Hal, Hell And Harley - April 26, 2017
- Another Fake Jack Kirby Page Sells For Over $2000 On eBay - April 26, 2017