A couple of years ago, JG Jones began writing a six issue story for his Doc Savage, with Phil Winslade on art, that started with issue 13.
The comic was cancelled with issue 17, leaving a hanging “To Be Continued” tag… that was never picked up.
Without fanfare, without announcement, almost hoping no one would notice, DC Comics published Doc Savage #18 by Jones and Winslade as a digital comic. For ninety-nine cents.
In fact, we’re not exactly sure when they did this. All the Doc Savage issues are 99c, part of DC’s Before Before Watchmen sale on ComiXology. And I was while browsing those issues, I saw the never-printed Doc Savage #18. And I can’t find any other reference to it online either.
So there you go. Consider this a discovery. If you haven’t read JG Jones’ Doc Savage comics, they are a belter. If you have… you won’t need any encouragement to pick up the final issue for 99 cents…
Although the listing for #17 calls it the series grand finale. Might need a little edit there.
As do Marvel as well, of course. They still have the All Star Winners Squad listed as an eight issue mini-series, rather than just the four they got round to publishing.
Here’s a preview of Doc Savage #18.
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017