Armando Iannucci has been speaking at BAFTA to mark the imminent UK premiere of Veep, his new The Thick Of It-ish comedy focusing on the staff of the US vice president. He also spared some time to speak, just a little, about the Alan Partridge movie, and set up the basic plot premise.
At the start of the film, Alan will still be living in Norwich and working for North Norfolk Digital, as seen in Mid Morning Matters and detailed in I, Partridge. The story starts rolling when the station…
…is taken over by a bigger media conglomerate and has its name changed to Shape. And that kicks everything off.
Almost immediately Alan Partridge vs. a media conglomerate brings to mind images of Steve Coogan vs. Rupert Murdoch‘s News Corporation. I guess they’ve found a villain that can make even Partridge seem heroic.
The script is still being worked on now with production set to kick off in the next six months or so, and will be directed by Declan Lowney.
Thanks to the Belfast Telegraph for the quotes.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014