There was already a Dumb and Dumber prequel, and maybe it was there that the water got dirty a little, but Jim Carrey has said that he’s now walking away from planned sequel, Dumb and Dumber To, because Warner Bros. and New Line just weren’t enthusiastic enough.
I have to admit surprise. I thought this film was just the age that it merited a nostalgia-fuelled follow up. Maybe the market research revealed that there wasn’t an appetite amongst the cinema going public. I certainly don’t mind, on a personal level, if the film never happens, and perhaps I’m not in the minority there?
ET got a quote from Carrey:
I would have thoughtDumb and Dumber To was a no-brainer, after all it’s implied in the title.
Will this PR move kick WB into action? Er… probably not. I think we’ll he’ve to go looking for our middle aged cinematic idiots elsewhere.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014