We mentioned this last week, but Midtown Comics has now given out more details.
Along with a number of comic stores across the country, Midtown Comics Downtown in Manhattan are hosting a same-sex wedding in their store between customers Scott Everhart and Khris Wilson to coincide with the release this week of Astonishing X-Men #51, featuring a gay wedding between Northstar and his boyfriend Kyle.
The wedding will take place at 9am on Wednesday, with a private reception at Eventi after the ceremony. At 10.30 am the comic shop will then open to the general public, although wellwishers are welcome to attend to greet the happy couple as they emerge,
Matt Lotr will be the officiant, and Andrew Altenburg of 14Stories.com is the wedding planner. He will present a cake provided by Empire Cakes. Marvel Comics and wedding-themed music will be provided by Brian Barrentine and Funikijam. All corporate, paid for and correct!
- A New Wolverine Comic From Marvel in April 2018… - January 19, 2018
- Martin Rowson to Adapt Karl Marx’s Communist Manifesto as a Graphic Novel, and More from SelfMadeHero in 2018 - January 19, 2018
- All 3 Marvel Comics Nominated for GLAAD Awards Have Been Cancelled - January 19, 2018
- Marvel Comics Signs Kelly Thompson as an Exclusive Creator - January 19, 2018
- Nancy Silberkleit Now Distributing Her Own Archie Comic, Featuring Scarlet, One Copy at a Time - January 19, 2018