We mentioned this last week, but Midtown Comics has now given out more details.
Along with a number of comic stores across the country, Midtown Comics Downtown in Manhattan are hosting a same-sex wedding in their store between customers Scott Everhart and Khris Wilson to coincide with the release this week of Astonishing X-Men #51, featuring a gay wedding between Northstar and his boyfriend Kyle.
The wedding will take place at 9am on Wednesday, with a private reception at Eventi after the ceremony. At 10.30 am the comic shop will then open to the general public, although wellwishers are welcome to attend to greet the happy couple as they emerge,
Matt Lotr will be the officiant, and Andrew Altenburg of 14Stories.com is the wedding planner. He will present a cake provided by Empire Cakes. Marvel Comics and wedding-themed music will be provided by Brian Barrentine and Funikijam. All corporate, paid for and correct!
- Who Watches The Watchmen? Geoff Johns Does, At San Diego Comic-Con With The First Panels Of ‘Doomsday Clock’ - July 20, 2017
- Watch Halle Berry Chug A Glass Of Whisky At San Diego Comic-Con’s ‘Kingsman’ Panel - July 20, 2017
- The Props Of Blade Runner At San Diego Comic-Con – With A Surprise Appearance From Adam Savage - July 20, 2017
- Steven Moffat And Sue Vertue Talk Sherlock Holmes And Manga At San Diego Comic-Con - July 20, 2017
- Jakks Pacific’s San Diego Comic-Con Panel In 61 Photos – Will We Get A Nightwing Toy Now? - July 20, 2017