We mentioned this last week, but Midtown Comics has now given out more details.
Along with a number of comic stores across the country, Midtown Comics Downtown in Manhattan are hosting a same-sex wedding in their store between customers Scott Everhart and Khris Wilson to coincide with the release this week of Astonishing X-Men #51, featuring a gay wedding between Northstar and his boyfriend Kyle.
The wedding will take place at 9am on Wednesday, with a private reception at Eventi after the ceremony. At 10.30 am the comic shop will then open to the general public, although wellwishers are welcome to attend to greet the happy couple as they emerge,
Matt Lotr will be the officiant, and Andrew Altenburg of 14Stories.com is the wedding planner. He will present a cake provided by Empire Cakes. Marvel Comics and wedding-themed music will be provided by Brian Barrentine and Funikijam. All corporate, paid for and correct!
- Doctor Who Comics In April, From Titan Comics, Leads With A Ghost Spinoff From The Christmas Special - January 20, 2017
- Comic Folk React To… The Inauguration Of President Trump - January 20, 2017
- Need A Break from The Inauguration? Catch Up With Con Man Season 2 - January 20, 2017
- Did You Notice It’s Inauguration Day? This Week’s Comic Books Did… - January 20, 2017
- Black Panther & The Crew To Become Marvel’s Third Black Panther Monthly Comic - January 20, 2017