They are meant to get paid in thirty days. After thirty days, when they inquire, they are told there is a cash flow problem but they are just about to put the cheque out. After sixty days they are told the same thing. And still nothing.
Then the freelancer e-mails me.
I e-mail the company head to ask what’s going on.
The freelancer is then told the cheque has just been posted.
This happened a lot at the beginning of the year, it’s starting to happen again.
Cash flow blows, we know, expenses suddenly come in. Publishing comics, hell publishing anything, can be a real issue. Which is why communication at all levels of a company is important. Ignoring someone you owe money to, doesn’t make them nicely inclined towards you and they are more likely to contact me or post their frustrations online. It’s all about doing the best with what you have…
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017