They are meant to get paid in thirty days. After thirty days, when they inquire, they are told there is a cash flow problem but they are just about to put the cheque out. After sixty days they are told the same thing. And still nothing.
Then the freelancer e-mails me.
I e-mail the company head to ask what’s going on.
The freelancer is then told the cheque has just been posted.
This happened a lot at the beginning of the year, it’s starting to happen again.
Cash flow blows, we know, expenses suddenly come in. Publishing comics, hell publishing anything, can be a real issue. Which is why communication at all levels of a company is important. Ignoring someone you owe money to, doesn’t make them nicely inclined towards you and they are more likely to contact me or post their frustrations online. It’s all about doing the best with what you have…
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018