Collectors Corner in Baltimore, familiar to Bleeding Cool readers, are celebrating their own gay wedding as two longtime customers renew their vows for an event instore to celebrate the release of Astonishing X-Men #51.
Midtown Comics are hosting a private same sex wedding in their Downtown store in Manhattan
And MaximuM Comics of Las Vegas and Henderson, Nevada are taking it all one step further, featuring five gay couples in one store and six in another getting a “commitment ceremony”, as gay marriage is not legal under state law, though it does now allow same sex unions.
The staff at both shops will be fully tuxedoed, wedding cakes, flowers and gift bags are on the way, with money raised going to AFAN Aid for AIDS NV.
Before the state enacted same sex union legislation, 38% of the state of Nevada were in favour of it. Last year, 77% were in favour. It gets better.
UPDATE: Make that fourteen, Zeus Comics in Dallas is also hosting a wedding event next week…
- The Schedule For The Deadline Magazine Revival, Missed Deadline… - March 27, 2017
- Comic Store In Your Future – Free Comic Book Daze - March 27, 2017
- Shuriken Vs. Drone – Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #68, Reviewed - March 27, 2017
- Love Is Love Raises $165,000 For OneOrlando As It Enters Its Fifth Printing - March 27, 2017
- Rednecks And YouTube - March 27, 2017