Word is that the reason that the Third Wave was a little smaller than some expected, as well giving some of the cancelled books a vestigal Zero issue, was that plans had to be altered closer to the events. Originally the plan was for more books to be cancelled than were, but due to personal matters, some of the changes were put on hold. Certain books have been given a short extra lease of life, and the changes have been postponed to around issue sixteen. Of course for some books, that means they have been given a longer time to impress.
I have been told by some sources that the book Jim Lee is leaving Justice League for, and possibly the only book he’d leave that title for, is a revival of his first, original title for Wildstorm, WildCATS.
A number of the cast have had their own books in the New 52 – Voodoo and Grifter – while others such as Zealot have appeared in other titles.
The original book launched Jim Lee at Image Comics, and would go on to feature the work of James Robinson, Chris Claremont, Travis Charest, Alan Moore and more, including current DC EiC as a Consulting Editor, spinning off a whole Wildstorm continuity and creating a studio that DC would then buy all rights to, before merging it with Burbank.
I’m also told to expect a new Justice League series around the issue sixteen mark, to replace Justice League International on the slate. Which might also be an opportune time to see Captain Marvel make his mark, and for the Trinity War to kick off…
That would be
December 2012. Which might make for a fun Christmas. January, of course. Those damn zero issues…
DC Comics did not return emails on the subject.
- The Orbital Comics 2000AD Gallery For The 40th Anniversary – Beyond The Comic - February 21, 2017
- Cover Story: Jae Lee Takes On Jim Henson’s Power Of The Dark Crystal For FOC… - February 20, 2017
- Frankensteining Marvel Comics Solicits For May 2017 – Secret Empire, Warriors, Guardians, Zombies, Black Bolt And Star Wars - February 20, 2017
- Free On Bleeding Cool For President’s Day: Fissure #1 By Tim Daniel And Patricio Delpeche From Vault - February 20, 2017
- Tom King, James Tynion, Tim Seeley And Scott Lobdell Rank Off The Batfamily - February 20, 2017