Frozen was already announced for release late next year, but Disney have… for some reason just announced it again. This time, however, they’ve included some more details. Here’s the official plot blurb:
In Frozen, a prophecy traps a kingdom in eternal winter, so Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) must team up with Kristoff, a daring mountain man, on the grandest of journeys to find the Snow Queen (voice of Idina Menzel) and put an end to the icy spell. Encountering Everest-like extremes, mystical creatures and magic at every turn, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom from destruction.
It’s going to be a version of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Snow Queen, whose Little Mermaid already did rather well for the studio.
We also now know that Robert Lopez and Kristen Anderson-Lopez are writing the songs. Previously, they’ve written for Avenue Q and The Book of Mormon but do also have some family-friendly credits, including the Winnie the Pooh feature from last year.
So, Disney are going from Tangled to Frozen. Surely there needs to be a third in this series. I suggest Bloated, maybe. Or how about Punctured? Muted? Sodden? Burnt?
Frozen is set for release across the US in November 2013.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014