“Batman Always Wins” is a comic internet mantra, spawning the similarly universally applied “Busiek Always Wins”. Given the right time to prepare and the right environment to work in, Batman could take down Darkseid, the Spectre or even Jesus. It’s a given.
The last time Damon Lindelof wrote a DC comic, it was a back up strip in Action Comics #900, in which Superman renounced his American citizenship, hitting the headlines worldwide, and seeing many condemn DC Comics as harbouring traitors. Balls balls balls, that was David S Goyer. Lindelof had a different story in that issue. I dunno, throw a brick you’ll hit a Hollywood writer working on a comic. Balls again.
Today, he has written something equally as disturbing for comic fans, but far less likely to hit the Drudge Report. With artist Jeff Lemire, better known for his writign work these days, he has given us the story of the one man who defeats Batman. And shows us exactly how it’s done.
The comic, Legends Of The Dark Knight #1, is available today on ComiXology for $0.99 and is twenty screens long. Look for a new Batman comic every week.
Or if you want a bit more bang for your buck, how about Double Barrel #1, a $1.99 122-page digital first comic from Top Shelf, half by Top Ten’s Zander Cannon, Heck, the story of a washed-up high school football hero who discovers a portal to the underworld, and half by Kevin Cannon with Crater XV which follows the smash success of his first graphic novel Far Arden with an all-new saga of that crusty Arctic sea-dog Army Shanks).
- Are We Getting an Original Unity Omnibus from Valiant Entertainment? - January 21, 2018
- 24-Page Preview of Z-People #1, Another of Sitcomics’ 64-Page $3.99 Comics - January 21, 2018
- More from Glenat’s Conan the Barbarian Series Starting This Year - January 21, 2018
- Hannah Blumenreich’s Official Free Comic Book Day 2018 Poster - January 21, 2018
- Jeepers Creepers by Marc Andreyko and Kewber Baal, from Dynamite in April - January 21, 2018