“Batman Always Wins” is a comic internet mantra, spawning the similarly universally applied “Busiek Always Wins”. Given the right time to prepare and the right environment to work in, Batman could take down Darkseid, the Spectre or even Jesus. It’s a given.
The last time Damon Lindelof wrote a DC comic, it was a back up strip in Action Comics #900, in which Superman renounced his American citizenship, hitting the headlines worldwide, and seeing many condemn DC Comics as harbouring traitors. Balls balls balls, that was David S Goyer. Lindelof had a different story in that issue. I dunno, throw a brick you’ll hit a Hollywood writer working on a comic. Balls again.
Today, he has written something equally as disturbing for comic fans, but far less likely to hit the Drudge Report. With artist Jeff Lemire, better known for his writign work these days, he has given us the story of the one man who defeats Batman. And shows us exactly how it’s done.
The comic, Legends Of The Dark Knight #1, is available today on ComiXology for $0.99 and is twenty screens long. Look for a new Batman comic every week.
Or if you want a bit more bang for your buck, how about Double Barrel #1, a $1.99 122-page digital first comic from Top Shelf, half by Top Ten’s Zander Cannon, Heck, the story of a washed-up high school football hero who discovers a portal to the underworld, and half by Kevin Cannon with Crater XV which follows the smash success of his first graphic novel Far Arden with an all-new saga of that crusty Arctic sea-dog Army Shanks).
- We Are All Monsters – A Cadaver’s Confession - January 22, 2017
- Through The Eyes Of An Elephant-Man - January 22, 2017
- ‘Bout Time … Deadpool Meets Gwenpool - January 22, 2017
- Bleeding Cool Bestseller List – 22nd January 2017 – “I Ordered Really Low On Monsters Unleashed But It Wasn’t Low Enough” - January 22, 2017
- So Why Were DC Comics April 2017 Solicitations Delayed A Week Anyway? - January 22, 2017