Okay, I gave it a day.
Some people complained that yesterday’s article about Alan Scott, the as yet-to be Green Lantern of Earth Two, proposing to his boyfriend, was a spoiler. I disagreed, stating that if I’d have run the following page it would be a spoiler.
That’s going to happen now. You may want to look away.
Anyway, the pair were travelling on a bullet train, whizzing in and out of a tunnel, with all the Hitchcockian sexual imagery you might care to imagine. Alan Scott proposed, holding out a ring.
Then this happened:
We may not have read the next issue, but it seems possible that Alan Scott survives and is transformed into a Green Lantern. Hence the cover of issue 3, furious and in flame. Because, presumably, his intended is dead. Blown up on a train. And giving him the motivation to… what… seek revenge. Get all flamey? Tear the world apart?
Something similar happened to the Kyle Rayner Green Lantern years ago, his girlfriend chopped up and stuffed in his fridge, leading to Gail Simone’s infamous “Women In Refridgerators” article, looking at the the over-representation in comics of women getting killed in order to inspire the male lead to get all angry and stuff, now referred to as being “fridged”. There were mentions that a similar thing happened to minority characters (thanks to Ryan Choi, now known as being “matchboxed”) and to gay characters… though the latter didn’t have a name. “Trained” doesn’t sound right. “Bullet Trained”? “Gays In Bullet Trains?” That has a certain deathly quality to it…
- The Small Town Barbeque Vampires Of “Redneck” By Donny Cates, Lisandro Estherren And Dee Cunniffe From Image/Skybound In April - January 23, 2017
- Topps To Publish A Trump-Based Garbage Pail Kids Comic – Donald Dump! - January 23, 2017
- What Will Happen To Task Force X After Justice League Vs Suicide Squad? Just Ask Grant Morrison (SPOILERS) - January 23, 2017
- Speculator Corner: Star Wars #49 – The Last Jedi – From Marvel Comics - January 23, 2017
- Scott Lobdell Writes Aspen’s Crossover Series, No World, Debuting In April 2017 - January 23, 2017