I knew that Ridley Scott was looking backwards when recently describing a scene from his in-development Blade Runner sequel.
The details he gave match up with a sequence planned for the original film. It was described in the Dangerous Days documentary from the Blade Runner Blu-ray set, and the storyboards were published in a book I have called Shot-by-Shot, a kind of ‘How To Storyboard’ guide.
I couldn’t find my copy anywhere, but as several Little Bleeders have pointed out, there’s an animated version on YouTube.
So here it is:
I imagine that if Scott does include that scene in his new film it will be revised to be Deckard-free. I wouldn’t be so sure that we’ll actually see this scene, however. There’s a long way to go in developing the film, and Scott may have just been spouting off the top of his head.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014