You’ll hear a lot of people saying something like this over the next few months:
Wreck-It Ralph looks set to do for video games what Toy Story did for toys.
And they might be right. The idea stems from the film’s wealth of in-jokes, references and cameos from video game greats.
If you click through to make this fresh image full-sized you could probably get lost trying to work out who everybody in the background is, crossing the big central plaza, “Game Central Station”. I know I did, and I still only recognised one or two, if I can even be sure of those.
The characters up front are more readily identifiable, with Ralph himself on the left, Q-Bert looking pretty desperate to the right, a couple of Street Fighters over on the side with their backs to us, and so on.
Looks good, doesn’t it? Here’s hoping. The director is Rich Moore, a veteran of Futurama, so I’m feeling pretty confident.
The film’s first trailer is due very soon, and I’m expecting something else to go down at E3. I’ll pass along any big breaks.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014