It looks like 2012 will be a banner year for Mads Mikkelsen. He’s just scooped the Best Actor prize at Cannes for his role in Thomas Vinterberg’s The Hunt, he’s soon to have a pretty solid international hit with A Royal Affair, he’s in the frame to play a villain in Thor 2, and now, he’s been cast as Hannibal Lecter in Bryan Fuller’s new TV show.
Even Benedict Cumberbatch and Tom Hiddleston could covet a string of professional pearls like that.
The Hannibal casting was broken by TV Line who give this set-up for the show:
Centers on the budding relationship between FBI agent Will Graham and his mentor Dr. Hannibal Lecter – who are re-introduced at the beginning of their budding relationship.
Hugh Dancy has already been cast in the role of Graham. That’s a cracking pair of leads, so hats off to Fuller for netting them.
I think Mikkelsen can do sheer, clear “intensity” better than Tony Hopkins ever did. Brian Cox had a different, disturbing energy, and I don’t expect there will be much of a basis for comparison.
And let’s not even mention Gaspard Ulliel.
Hannibal starts airing “midseason” which means, I believe, in January or February of next year. As such, there needn’t be any clash in production dates with the Thor gig.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014