The sequel to Rise of the Planet of the Apes has a newly announced release date and title – though I’m not sure it’s really the right one.
Fox are calling the film Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. This means that the Dawn comes after the Rise, which seems a touch off to me.
At my most charitable I could say that Dawn and Rise are equivalent notions, or near enough. But this would mean that the films have essentially interchangeable titles.
Where’s the sense of progress in Dawn? It’s an inherently more static notion than Rise.
But it’s only a title and therefore not really worth any actual concern. Dawn might seem too dramatically inert where it should be driving things forward, but this doesn’t actually reflect on the film itself. For all we know it might be powerfully kinetic and energised and thrusting. I guess we’ll find out when they actually get around to making the thing.
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes will… erm… break on May 23rd, 2014. Something to look forward to.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014