And there I was thinking they’d be saving this kind of thing for The Walking Dead #100. But no.
That’s the thing about the comic book, you just don’t know who, where or when, but your favourite characters are going to snuff it. Shame, it’s invitable, they die.
Even if they become fan favourites. Especially if they become fan favourites.
This is not a lingering death, this is not a spoiler, someone is killed, and they die pretty much straight away, and that’s it and bloody hell.
The Walking Dead has always been about the tiniest slice of hope, in the maw of death and depression. That possibility that keeps them going, that keeps us going, that there is light at the end of the tunnel. But of late, that light has been getting dimmer and dimmer.
This is why it’s important to read Chew after reading Walking Dead. If nothing else, it is a palette cleanser. And that’s a very strange thing to say about Chew.
The question remains then… what the hell are they planning for issue one hundred?
You really ought to be reading this comic monthly, you know.
The Walking Dead #98 courtesy of Orbital Comics, London, currently exhibiting a Dan Parent Archie Comics exhibition.
- Two TV Commercials From DC Comics For the New Age of Heroes Line - January 17, 2018
- For Those of You Still Reading Generation X… Something Special For Jubilee (#86 Spoilers) - January 17, 2018
- Brian Wood and Jorge Coelho’s Robocop: Citizens Arrest Looks to Explore Social Justice - January 17, 2018
- Ludocrats from Kieron Gillen, David Lafuente, and Jim Rossignol is Coming Soon, Honest - January 17, 2018
- Now Glénat to Publish Conan Comics, as It’s All Public Domain in Europe - January 17, 2018