Simon Pegg is not pleased with people who do my job.* Speaking to The Telegraph, he’s rubbished rumours that Khan is the villain of the new Star Trek film, going on to say:
I think people just want to have a scoop. It annoys me – it’s beyond the point to just ferret around for spoilers all the time to try to be the first to break them… It just spoils the film. It masquerades as interest in the movie but really it’s just nosiness and impatience. You just want to say, ‘Oh f— off! Wait for the film!’
Personally, I’ve never worried too much about being “spoiled” – it’s the singer, not the song for me, and I’ve always responded more to how the story is laid out in cinematic terms than the story itself. But I don’t think that’s true for most, and I do wonder sometimes why so many people read spoilers and then complain about it afterwards.
Anyway, there you go. No Khan. I’m not sure who would have expected Benedict Cumberbatch to be playing Khan, but I guess plenty were.
Forget Trek for a moment. Simon Pegg stars in A Fantastic Fear of Everything, opening across the UK next week. Plenty of talk about that here on Bleeding Cool in the coming days, so do stay tuned. I think you’ll find it most interesting.
*It is a job. No, really. Just because I love it, it doesn’t mean it’s not a job.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014