Bleeding Cool has been informed that Dave Bowen (Director of Digital Distribution), Jeff Dillon (Web Development Manager), and Lev Schneider (Programmer) have all been laid off at Diamond Comic Distributors.
Bowen headed up the Diamond Digital initiative – indeed it many ways, it was basically him. What this means for Diamond’s move into digital distibution, letting customers instore download digital comics, is as yet unknown. After an aggressive and exciting launch, it seems to have gone off the boil of late.
This downsizing may be a consequence of this…
Representatives of Diamond Comic Distributors did not not return e-mails sent this morning on the subject
- Watchmen Lenticular Covers For Batman And Flash “The Button” Story Won’t Be In Previews – Retailers Have To Order Now - January 18, 2017
- Justice League/Mighty Morphin Power Rangers #1 Gets A Nice New Cover For Its Second Print… - January 18, 2017
- Looks Like Captain Marvel Was Right About Civil War II – But Has The US President Abandoned Her? - January 18, 2017
- DC Comics’ New Gay Superhero, The Ray – In His Own Words - January 18, 2017
- Valiant Goes To Space – Six Pages From X-O Manowar #1 - January 18, 2017