Time for a casting shortlist story. I don’t much like these, but I know a young lady who does. While she’s busy melting down over the news, I’ll try to share it with you in a rather calmer, cooler fashion.
Casting on the Hunger Games sequel Catching Fire is under way with the key role of Finnick Odair drawing the most fan attention. Why? Because he’s a good looking young man.
According to E!, three candidates for the role are Armie Hammer, Taylor Kitsch and Garrett Hedlund.
If I had to pick one of these guys, I’d go with Kitsch because I eliminated Hedlund for TRONs against decency and tossed a coin over the others. That’s him above.
But any of them could get it. Or none. E! even hedge their bets saying:
The source also says that a final decision from the studio may be announced as early as this week.
However, another source says the studio may also be looking at unknowns à la Brad Pitt in Thelma & Louise.
Odair is pretty handy with a trident and net and he’s given some Neptuney moments on the beach. There was a recent rumour that Robert Pattinson was up for the role but I didn’t pass it on because, frankly, I didn’t believe it for a single second.
You know, I pretty much ran out of steam for this film when Gary Ross declined the directorship and Francis Lawrence took over. Bringing in Michael Arndt to do a quick rewrite was a nice twist, but I can’t say that I’m feeling too invested. Yet. Here’s hoping something gets me engaged again because I loved the first film.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014