There is much speculation, rumour and gossip concerning as to what Marvel will follow their Avengers Vs X-Men crossover event. We know that Marvel won’t reboot their universe, not even with a handy Phoenix. But I am expecting a lot of changing creative teams, new books and new issue ones. Although that’s hardly rocket science.
We’ve run the rumour that Brian Michael Bendis will take over the Xbooks, but I’m also hearing now at Phoenix Comicon that Jason Aaron may stay on Wolverine And The X-Men.
Speculation based on Bendis’ Avengers Assemble work and comments indicate that he may be writing a cosmic book… maybe Guardians Of The Galaxy, maybe Nova, maybe bringing the X-Men back into that world. Could an island off the coast not be enough of a separation from the rest of humanity? Might they need to wander the galaxy instead?
And I also heard yesterday that one of therelaunched, if not rebooted books, will be Iron Man, with the current hit creative team of Uncanny X-Men, Kieron Gillen and Greg Land, moving to that title. Of all the things I’ve heard, that seems the most solid.
At Kapow, Kieron Gillen mentioned on stage how many comics creators want to write Tony Stark right now. It looks like he may be getting his chance.
- Cult Classic: Return to Whisper #1 Out This Week… for the Very First Time - February 24, 2018
- Matthew Rosenberg to Write New Multiple Man Comic for Marvel? - February 24, 2018
- 9 Exclusive Retailer Covers from Marvel for April 2018 - February 24, 2018
- Filip Sablik and Ross Richie Address ComicsPRO on BOOM! Studios as a Premier Publisher at Diamond - February 23, 2018
- Publishing Dates for DC Zoom and DC Ink Titles Locked Down - February 23, 2018