There is much speculation, rumour and gossip concerning as to what Marvel will follow their Avengers Vs X-Men crossover event. We know that Marvel won’t reboot their universe, not even with a handy Phoenix. But I am expecting a lot of changing creative teams, new books and new issue ones. Although that’s hardly rocket science.
We’ve run the rumour that Brian Michael Bendis will take over the Xbooks, but I’m also hearing now at Phoenix Comicon that Jason Aaron may stay on Wolverine And The X-Men.
Speculation based on Bendis’ Avengers Assemble work and comments indicate that he may be writing a cosmic book… maybe Guardians Of The Galaxy, maybe Nova, maybe bringing the X-Men back into that world. Could an island off the coast not be enough of a separation from the rest of humanity? Might they need to wander the galaxy instead?
And I also heard yesterday that one of therelaunched, if not rebooted books, will be Iron Man, with the current hit creative team of Uncanny X-Men, Kieron Gillen and Greg Land, moving to that title. Of all the things I’ve heard, that seems the most solid.
At Kapow, Kieron Gillen mentioned on stage how many comics creators want to write Tony Stark right now. It looks like he may be getting his chance.
- A Few DC Covers For April, From Jamie McKelvie To Sienkiewicz To Conner To Cho - March 22, 2017
- Garth Ennis And Donny Cates Find New Homes For Comics In AfterShock’s Solicits For June 2017 - March 22, 2017
- Alex Ross’ Mighty Mouse Tops Dynamite’s June 2017 Solicits - March 22, 2017
- Rocky & Bullwinkle Get A New Comic From American Mythology In June 2017 Solicits - March 22, 2017
- Nothing On The Cover Or Description For Invincible Iron Man #5 Happens In The Comic - March 22, 2017