Tom Brevoort has been answering questions about the Ultraverse issues raised by Steve Englehart, on Formsporing. Specifically whether it was the 5% royalty issue that caused the non-publication. Brevoort had been named by Englehart as someone who had trued to get Ultraverse comics published of later at Marvel.
No, it has nothing to do with that. But it does have to do with issues that are bound up in a non-disclosure agreement, so I can’t actually get into the specifics with you about it.
so if it was the 5% you couldn’t mention it at all. Seems clear.
That is correct. I cannot tel you much about it at all, but I can tell you that it’s not about that 5% thing.
Would you be privy to the agreement? I thought it was before your time.
I was around at Marvel when the Malibu acquisition happened. And even outside of that, I have access to our legal department and our legal records. That stuff isn’t a secret from us, we simply can’t speak about it publicly.
Although from another, far more anonymous source, I am told that the 5% explanation is the one that Marvel ex-exec Avi Arad once gave Malibu ex-exec Scott Rosenberg. But that is just hearsay…
- DC Comics Confirms Bats Out Of Hell Crossover With November Solicits Sneak-Peek - August 18, 2017
- Exclusive! The Long Beach Comic Con 2017 Panels And Programming Schedule - August 18, 2017
- J Scott Campbell’s Exclusive Retailer Variant For Marvel Legacy #1 – The Pencil Sketch - August 18, 2017
- Stanley “Artgerm” Lau Grabs Them By The Variant Cover? - August 18, 2017
- Sam Humphries Leaves Green Lanterns For Something New As Tim Seeley Takes Over - August 18, 2017