Tom Brevoort has been answering questions about the Ultraverse issues raised by Steve Englehart, on Formsporing. Specifically whether it was the 5% royalty issue that caused the non-publication. Brevoort had been named by Englehart as someone who had trued to get Ultraverse comics published of later at Marvel.
No, it has nothing to do with that. But it does have to do with issues that are bound up in a non-disclosure agreement, so I can’t actually get into the specifics with you about it.
so if it was the 5% you couldn’t mention it at all. Seems clear.
That is correct. I cannot tel you much about it at all, but I can tell you that it’s not about that 5% thing.
Would you be privy to the agreement? I thought it was before your time.
I was around at Marvel when the Malibu acquisition happened. And even outside of that, I have access to our legal department and our legal records. That stuff isn’t a secret from us, we simply can’t speak about it publicly.
Although from another, far more anonymous source, I am told that the 5% explanation is the one that Marvel ex-exec Avi Arad once gave Malibu ex-exec Scott Rosenberg. But that is just hearsay…
- How Far Will Superhero Creamery & T-Shirt Design Go Over Trademarks Against DC Comics? - May 27, 2017
- Exclusive Preview Of Bill And Ted Saving The Universe… - May 27, 2017
- Those Funko Exclusives On The Floor Of MCM London Comic Con Spring 2017 – From Steve Trevor To Mace Windu… - May 27, 2017
- Andrew Wheeler, Director Of Marketing For Chapterhouse Comics - May 27, 2017
- Sharkanado Can Sit On It… Here Comes Volcanosaurus, In August - May 27, 2017