While Disney won’t comment at all on the casting, Mads Mikkelsen has started negotiating a contract to play a villain in Thor 2. This will be his third time out playing a “baddie” in a popcorn picture, coming after a turn as Le Chiffre in Casino Royale and Rochefort in The Three Musketeers.
I don’t know that he’s a perfect match for The Executioner but he’d at the very least do and there’s a lot of speculation that character will appear. Certainly sits with the Enchantress news we’ve been hearing.
Variety note that Tom Hiddleston will also be coming back as Loki, and that he’ll still have “a big role” to play. Big, of course, is relative.
The film gets shooting before too long, and you can expect to see it in November 2013.
Mikkelsen recently starred in A Royal Affair and as we get closer to that film’s June 15th release date, I’ll bring you my interview with him.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014