According to Deadline, director Dean Parisot and the producers of the second Red picture want to bring in Hopkins to play their villain, one Edward Bailey. Hopkins wants to do it but to make it work, the schedule has to be meshed with Marvel’s summer production.
It’s interesting that both Hopkins and Catherine Zeta Jones have been called in for roles in Red 2. Could it be that they’re going to be father and daughter? They certainly look enough alike. I think I’d curl up with joy if they both did the whole thing in their native Welsh accents.
And it would make up for the lost opportunity in the Zorro films where they both appeared but sadly a) weren’t playing related characters and b) were supposedly hispanic in origin (snigger).
Sadly Bailey isn’t a Welsh name, as far as I’m aware.
UPDATE: THR add that Hopkins’ character is “a genius scientist who was locked up in an insane asylum.”
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014