He does have a TV pilot called Knifeman on the cards, but beyond that, all I can see are a number of in-development projects that go way back, and which have been lying so still of late that I’ve assumed they were dead and, of course, the potential of several things still secret. Pretty hard to count those from here, however.
Our best clue to something more solid comes courtesy of Cosmopolis star Robert Pattinson who says he’s already lined up for a reunion with the director:
I’m filming another movie with Cronenberg but I don’t know when he wants to start filming. It’s going to be his first one in France and he promises it’s going to be very strange.
Not Eastern Promises 2, then. Apologies to those who wanted to see Pattinson wrestling naked with Viggo Mortenson.
Pattinson was speaking with Inrockuptibles, the French culture magazine. A fan site did the translation.
Now, I’ve got no idea what this new project might really be, and the notion that it’s going to be filmed in France doesn’t help me work it out any. I’m sure we’ll hear something else about it soon, if it’s really going to happen.
Incidentally, if Pattinson is what you’re interested here and not Cronenberg, the young man also said:
I’m preparing a thriller too, with a beautifully written script too. It doesn’t have a director yet. Tons of French diretors are in line to to do [it].
And… what was that about a new Cronenberg film again?
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014