Get ready for some movie marketing history in the making.
Not a single frame of Anchorman 2 has been shot yet, but already there are two different teaser trailers doing the rounds.
Okay, 1.5 different trailers. Or 1.2. They´re pretty similar. But here we see how the riffing, improv-led style of this particular strand of comedy has led not only to entire alternative films – there was a parallel version of the first Anchorman – but now alternative trailers ahead of time.
I´m almost surprised they´ve stopped at two.
And I challenge them to come up with as many poster taglines as they can when the time comes. No reason they couldn´t have dozens.
- Images From Ridley Scott’s New Biblical Epic, Exodus, With Christian Bale And Sigourney Weaver - July 1, 2014
- James Cameron Goes To The Bottom Of The Ocean In Trailer For Deepsea Challenge 3D - July 1, 2014
- London Getting The Guardians Of The Galaxy IMAX Preview Next Tuesday - July 1, 2014
- Footage From Studio Ghibli’s New Feature, When Marnie Was There - July 1, 2014
- Where The Avengers: Age Of Ultron Leaves The Hulk For Future Movies - July 1, 2014